Parent Information re:
School Kids Bonus 2012 / Education Maintenance Allowance 2013
26th June 2012
Parents in receipt of Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) in 2012.
These monies in 2012 have been paid as a school component and as a parent component.
These monies have allowed many of our families to pay for their school requisites and school books. (Total $127 in 2012.)
Families have also signed over Netbook payments, camps and excursions from their EMA.
There have been changes to the EMA for 2013. These monies will not be paid to schools.
Therefore parents will need to put aside some $127 from their EMA (in your bank account in early 2013) to pay school fees.
You will need to find the monies for:
- Camps and excursions
- Netbook payments
We have a number of suggestions:
- You are paid monies from the School Kids Bonus (to be paid between 20th-29th June this year) see note below ($410 per primary school aged child)
- You are also paid this bonus ($410) in two instalments in 2013
- Parents are paid $200 for a Prep child starting school OR $150 for a child in Year 1-6 (EMA)
We encourage families to:
- Pay netbook payments upfront
- Pay School fees upfront for 2013
- Make Camp payments upfront
Please help your child to have access to all that is required for their schooling in 2013.